Friday, May 14, 2010

Jersey Governor Chris Christie is refreshing and honest!

We need more politicians like this one! Christy is definitely refreshing and honest. I hope he continues to set an example that in order to balance budgets, politicians need to cut cut cut!
_______

An excerpt from New Jersey Governor Chris Christie's response[video] to a reporter who asked about his confrontational tone:

CHRISTIE: "If you think that's a confrontational tone, then you should really see me when I'm pissed. You know, I love when people say they don't want to have an argument. That's what we were sent here for.

They believe in certain things. They believe in bigger government, higher taxes, and more spending. Here it is [holding paper]. Bigger government, higher taxes, more spending.

I believe in less government, lower taxes, and in empowering local officials who are elected by their citizens to be able to fix their problems. That may lead to a disagreement or two.

Now, I could say it really nicely. I could say it in a way that you all might be more comfortable with. You know, maybe we can go back to the last administration where I can say it in a way you wouldn't even understand it. But the fact of the matter is that this is who I am, and this is who the people elected."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home