Thursday, September 08, 2011

Re: Solyndra

Solyndra reps made 20 trips to WH before $500M award...

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 4:06 PM, Douglas Bauman <javadoug@gmail.com> wrote:
I just read that the FBI is raiding Solyndra as we speak.


When the president unfolds his new "jobs creation" program next Thursday lets hope it doesn't boil down to pouring more money into technology that isn't ready for prime time yet. Solyndra, one of our many "investments" just filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy after you and I guaranteed it a $535 million loan earlier this year.

So there's a thousand new jobs that didn't last long. Not that a thousand jobs were a bargain at $535 mil in the first place. See the lady with the box? We could have filled it up with money and just sent her and a thousand others home. Wait, that's pretty much what we did. Except that the workers didn't get the money either.

I'm not even going to say I told you so. I admit that I naively assumed that the "stimulus" would go towards the nation's infrastructure. Bad me for assuming. But not again. People, don't let him con you again.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on you, you somanabish.

***update:

OK, this figures:
A solar energy company that intends to file for bankruptcy received $535 million in backing from the federal government and has a cozy history with Democrats and the Obama administration, campaign finance records show.

Shareholders and executives of Solyndra, a green energy company producing solar panels, fundraised for and donated to the Obama administration to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home