Friday, July 31, 2009

Beer Summit: Lower business taxes

The so-called beer summit with the cop and the Harvard professor at the white house is just plain weird. Doesn't the president have better things to be doing, like the economy?

If I were the cop, I'd ask the following:

Mr. President, I read in the Wall Street Journal that you said you would like to lower the corporate or business tax. In my view this is a better form of stimulus for long term sustained job growth, and it's nice to see you finally arrive to the party, albeit 6 months late. Nevertheless, may I please ask by how much would you lower the 35% business tax and would that also include relief for small business owners who often file as individuals? Will you need to drag Congress kicking and screaming, maybe hold another beer summit with Pelosi and Reid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home