Friday, August 05, 2011

The president's new plan to fight unemployment

I gotta say, I'm finally impressed. The president finally has a plan, and he published it in the Wall Street Journal.
It's about time... Of course the half spend by the Democrats will be wasted, proverbially the flushing of money down the drain, but at least the half spend by the Republicans will spur job growth.

As a way to bring the country together and at the same time determine the most effective way to deal with this lingering recession, under a new bipartisan plan I am proposing today, 54% of the remaining funds not spend by the Stimulus of two years ago (about $450 billion) -- $243 billion -- will be spent on infrastructure and projects as defined by myself and a panel of Senate and House Democrats; and the remaining 46% -- $207 billion -- will be directed toward tax cuts for businesses as directed by the Republicans.



Post a Comment

<< Home