Wednesday, July 12, 2006

What will Bush do with North Korea?

I don't know the answer to "What will Bush do". I'm not defending Bush here, per se. I note this quote by Joseph Kennedy in 1940. Even though he was wrong to appease Hitler, he was right about what the result would be:
"A bureaucracy would take over right off. Everything we hold dear would be gone. "
Many of our liberties are gone because of the huge bureaucracy that is the federal government today. So what is the middle ground? I don't know. A war cost money and lives. Yet to let a criminally insane dictator with WMD remain can result in disaster. I'm not the person to answer that question. One thing I do know, however, is this. When I vote for an official to represent me, I expect him or her to represent me with the same conviction that they had when they were making their campaign promises. Bush promised security. Kerry promised appeasement and forms of cut and run. I chose the former, and I will not waver in my support of my decision, and I expect my leader to not waver in his commitment to security.

"Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing." -- Abraham Lincoln

Bush is the tree. The media is casting the wrong shadow over him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home