Monday, August 14, 2006

Government Schools

Here's a story from Neal Boortz. When I first read it I thought, wait a minute, is this isolated, or does this happen in most government schools these days? I suspect the latter. It's been a while since I've been to a government school, and my child goes to Catholic School, for all the right reasons. I wouldn't want them doing this to my child. When I was in 5th grade, I had a similar incident happen. They took away my recorder. I was flabbergasted. I had paid for it, but they said I did not. From that day forward I have been extremely skeptical of authority, any kind of authority. I knew then that they lie without reservation, and care little for the rights of the individual. So maybe it's not a bad thing that they take away the kids stuff in first grade right off the bat, that will teach the kids what the government is all about, they only want to take your stuff. This may be a good lesson after all!

The students are seated, the bill rings. As fast as you can say the Pledge of Allegiance without the "under God" part, the indoctrination begins.  The government teacher steps in front of her virtual hostages and promptly delivers the first raw lesson in the power of government.  The students are instructed to bring all of their precious school supplies -- their property -- to the front of the classroom and put them into a huge box.  They are told that the supplies belong to all of the class now, and the teacher will assume the responsibility of distributing the supplies as they are needed.

"Whoaa!  Hold on a minute here!  These are MY supplies.  My daddy bought them for me.  You can't have them!  They're mine!"

Nope.  Sorry!  They were yours.  Now all those supplies belong to -- guess who?  The government!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home