Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Pitch-in

A conversation with respect to the inauguration:
On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 8:11 PM, an Obama supporter wrote:

Too bad you had to work today. I spent it all watching the inauguration. The country is in its best spirits in 8 years. Thousands of smiling faces waving American flags lined all of D.C. My wife, a registered republican all her life, wore red,white and blue for the first time in 8 years. People are proud to say they're Americans again. Great ceremony and a speech for the books, well delivered and inspiring. They will be talking about this inauguration for years. Obama is just what we needed after 8 years of that destitute decrepit Bush.
The few of us Americans who 'work' have to support all those others that Barak is going to be giving things to.

Since Obama wants us all to 'pitch-in' I want to see all those hordes who were cheering for him also pitch in. I want to see them go out and get a job, and if they can't find one, I want to see them join his volunteer organization to do things for others. When I see that, I will join in and give him credit for the enthusiasm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home