Monday, February 08, 2010

Reagan, In His Own Hand

Adapted from Reagan, In His Own Hand: The Writings of Ronald Reagan that Reveal His Revolutionary Vision for America:

Right now ... I'm looking down on a busy city at rush hour. The streets below are twin ribbons of sparkling red and white.
I wonder about the people in those cars, who they are, what they do, what they are thinking about as they head for the warmth of home and family. Come to think of it, I've met them - oh, maybe not those particular individuals, but still I feel I know them. Some of our social planners refer to them as "the masses" which only proves they don't know them. I've been privileged to meet people all over this land in the special kind of way you meet them when you are campaigning. They are not "the masses," or as the elitists would have it - "the common man." They are very uncommon. Individuals each with his or her own hopes and dreams, plans and problems, and the kind of quiet courage that makes this whole country run better than just about any other place on earth.
January 27, 1978

Happy Birthday, President Reagan.

reaganinhisownhand.jpg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home